Natural Language Processing
Chatbots and the Loebner Prize
My BSc thesis ("Chatmobile: Personality-driven chatbot over mobile") is about chatbots, so I have explored both the area of chatbots and the Loebner Prize. I want to say that in no way do I support the Loebner Prize, nor the typical chatbots that contest it. The following are some relevant links about the area.
- "Artificial Stupidity, Part 1" (2003-02-26)
- "Artificial Stupidity, Part 2" (2003-02-27)
- "A.I. Expert Lands in Real Trouble" (2002-10-06)
- Loebner Prize homepage
- Minsky Loebner Prize Revocation Prize (March 1995)
- ALICE homepage
- ELIZA--A Computer Program For the Study of Natural Language Communication Between Man and Machine by Joseph Weizenbaum, January 1966. In Communications of the ACM Volume 9, Number 1 (January 1966), pages 36-45.
Resources for Maltese
- Manwal: L-Użu tal-Malti fil-Kompjuter [PDF] - explains about issues of character encoding and how to enable Maltese characters.
- Basic English-Maltese Dictionary by Grazio Falzon - has info on phonetics, as well as a small English->Maltese dictionary.
- Maltese Grammar by Grazio Falzon - excellent guide to Maltese grammar, especially (but not only) when it comes to verbs.
- Maltese spellchecker, by Ramon Casha
- Spell Checker (word list for aspell)
- Online Spellchecker
- Adding the Maltese Spell Checker to OpenOffice.org 3.1 on Ubuntu
- Maltese language, alphabet and pronunciation